From conferences and fundraisers to corporate retreats and trade shows, one-time events have become an important marketing resource for all types of companies. However, the success of a one-time event depends on its originality and creativity. If you are looking for ways to make your one-time event unique and memorable, keep reading because today we bring you the ultimate guide on how to brand a venue for a one-time event.
In this post we’ll cover the following topics:
- How to brand a venue for a one-time event: basic tips
- Custom flags
- Step and repeat banners
- Wall graphics
- Floor graphics
- Window graphics
- Social Media Photo Zone
- Experiential marketing
- Wayfinding graphics
- How to brand a venue for a one-time event: wrapping it up
- CR&A Custom: Excellence in event signage
How to Brand a Venue for a One-Time Event: basic tips
As its name suggests, a one-time event is a one-off activity organized for a variety of purposes, from promoting a product to getting members of a corporation to know each other. Here are some basic tips to ensure that the branding of your one-time event is a resounding success.
- Define the character of your event. Begin by visualizing the character of your event. Is it going to be fun, fast-paced, or more business-oriented?
- Make it memorable. Once you have a clear idea of the character of your event, come up with a concept that grabs the attention of attendees. For example, if you are organizing a corporate event to discuss how to beat your competitors, your event may be built around the concept of a race.
- Work with an expert. After determining the look and feel you want to convey with your event, share your ideas with a professional. A good designer has the experience and know-how to improve upon your concepts and bring your ideas to reality.
- Use all the tools at your disposal. Large format printing offers a full range of visual solutions to customize your event. Your options include banners and custom flags as well as floor and wall graphics. In the next section, we’ll explore them all in detail.
Visual solutions to brand your one-time event
Regardless of whether your event is organized indoors or outdoors, at day or at night, there large format printing products to meet all your branding needs.
Custom flags are a versatile visual product that takes the appeal of your event to the next level. Whether you choose traditional flags that hang from a fixed structure (such as a pole) or self-standing flags, this is a great way to upgrade any space with original visual highlights that will capture the attention of people attending your event.
These are the most common type of advertising flags:
- Feather flag
- Teardrop flag
- Angled flag
- Rectangle flag
- Pole flag
- Custom shapes
Key advantages of custom flags:
- Can be used indoors or outdoors. There’s a flag format and material to suit every need, from imposing pole flags to convenient self-standing rectangle flags.
- Great alternative for wayfinding signage. Flags are an original way to help attendees make sense of your venue or event grounds.
- Use them to direct attendees’ attention to specific areas. If you need to guide people to a demonstration or special sale, flags are the solution you are looking for.
- Mix and match. Use custom flags in combination with other solutions to bolster the identity of your event.
To learn more about flags, check our previous post, “Why custom flags are the perfect way to build brand awareness and help you drive sales.”
Banners are a form of visual advertising that has never gone out of style and it’s easy to see why. They are eye-catching, versatile, and never fail to make an impact. Banners shine in any type of environment or venue. They can be either the star of your event or play more subtle, supporting roles.
This is a list of the more common types of banners. There’s one for every situation!
- Street pole banners (single-sided and double-sided)
- Traditional banners
- Flag banners
- Elevator banners
- Trellis banners
- Backdrop banners
- Self-adhesive banners
- Entrance/Welcome banners
- Barricade banners
Key advantages of banners
- Can be used indoors or outdoors. Just check out the list above: there is a type of banner for every need.
- Wide variety of sizes and materials. A large format expert can offer advice on the measures and substrates that work for you.
- Durable and reusable. Vinyl is extremely resistant, so you can store and reuse your banner if you need to.
- Cost-effective. If you want to get as much visual bang for your buck, this is the solution for you.
If you are interested in learning more about banners, take a look at this previous post: “How to design the perfect banner.”
Step and repeat banners
Although we mentioned banners already, step and repeat banners deserve their own section. A step and repeat banner is a graphic wall (usually covered with the logos of sponsors) that serves as a background for celebrities to pose for pictures as they hit the red carpet on their way to a gala. This is a simple but effective way to add a touch of glamour to your event and make attendees feel like movie stars—an experience they won’t forget.
Key advantages of step and repeat banners
- Fun and glamorous. We all love to pretend we are celebrities and, above all, we all love being treated like movie stars!
- Easy to install. Setting up a step and repeat banner is extremely easy and can usually be done by one person.
- Cost-effective. Although step and repeat banners are associated with fame and wealth, they are actually budget-friendly.
- Reusable. Vinyl is a durable substrate, so you can use your step and repeat banners at multiple events.
To learn more about step and repeat banner, we recommend this post: “5 reasons to invest in a step and repeat banner.”
If what you want is to radically transform a space in a way that is simple to reverse, then look no further than wall graphics. As the name suggests, these are graphics printed on self-adhesive vinyl and placed on a wall. Think of an oversize decal, but printed with the latest printing technology on a highly resistant material.
These are just some examples of areas where you can implement wall graphics as part of your event branding strategy:
- Conference centers
- Art galleries
- Break rooms
Key advantages of wall graphics
- High impact. There’s something about graphics displayed on walls that simply captures the attention of audiences everywhere.
- Easy to install and remove. For this reason, graphics printed on self-adhesive vinyl are ideal for one-time events.
- Versatile. No matter how elaborate is your design, a capable large format printing professional can bring it to life.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors. There are films available for all types of environments and situations.
Interested in learning more about wall graphics? We’ve got you covered, just click on this link to learn how and where to use wall murals.
Floor graphics are graphics of varying sizes printed on self-adhesive vinyl and placed on the floor. Like wall graphics, they are easy to install and remove, and due to their originality, they never fail to catch the eye of attendees. Using the floor as a surface to communicate visual messages opens up countless possibilities to surprise people attending your one-time event. For example, floor graphics are an ideal alternative to display wayfinding signage or to welcome attendees right at the doorstep of a venue.
Key advantages of floor graphics
- Versatile. Floor graphics, or floor decals, can be applied on a variety of surfaces, including waxed vinyl, sealed concrete, marble, ceramic tile, wood, terrazzo, and unsealed concrete.
- Durable and easy to maintain. These graphics can withstand heavy foot traffic with only a basic maintenance routine.
- Cost-effective. Surprising your audience has never been so affordable thanks to the latest advances in large format printing technology.
- Save space. Floor graphics are a smart solution that puts information where your audience needs it without having to resort to poles, stands, or other types of structures.
If you are interested in learning more about floor graphics, we recommend this previous post: “How to get your customers’ attention with floor graphics.”
Over the last two decades, glass has become an increasingly important construction material. Once limited to windows, glass is nowadays the most prominent material in buildings all over the United States. Considering this newfound relevance, it makes sense to consider using glass surfaces to brand the venue where your one-time event will take place. Window graphics allow you to do just that
Here are some examples of areas where you can use window graphics:
- Glass doors and windows
- The exterior of glass buildings
- Ticket windows
- Interior glass partitions
- Bathroom mirrors
Key advantages of window graphics
- High impact. Being a relatively recent application of large format printing, window graphics never fail to grab the attention of your audience.
- Easy to install and remove. Applying or peeling off a window graphic is a quick process, perfect for one-time events.
- Cost-effective. The latest large format printing technology offers faster turnaround times and prices that are even more affordable than before.
- Mix and match. Combine window graphics with wall graphics and floor graphics to create a total branding experience.
To learn more about window graphics in action, read our previous post “How restaurant window graphics can attract more customers.”
Looking for a sure-fire way to make your one-time event an unforgettable experience? It’s simple: just make it easy for attendees to have fun. We tend to forget what’s boring, but we never forget fun times. Props put a smile on the face of the people who attend your event, creating a positive association with your brand. From photo stand-ins to cutouts, props are an invitation to have fun and enjoy a welcome dose of relaxation.
Key advantages of props
- Fun. There’s a very simple reason to use props as part of your event branding: Never underestimate the importance of entertaining your audience!
- Engaging. Getting attendees to move and take action will make your event not only more enjoyable but also more memorable.
- Cost-effective. Printed props like those mentioned above cost less than you imagine and contribute to dramatically improve the experience of attendees. In short, this is a small investment that can deliver big results.
- Memorable. If you want to show that you are fun-loving and prefer to think outside of the box, props are the way to go.
Social Media Photo Zone
Social media has changed the way we think, communicate and do business. This means that organizing a successful event also entails making ripples in the social media sphere. As you brand your one-time event, think in terms of social media and create surprising or unusual situations that people will want to capture and share online.
Some of the visual solutions we have reviewed so far (for example, props and stand and repeat banners) can help you create an environment that generates images with the potential to go viral online. If creating a stir on social media is one of your goals, you should definitely consider creating a social media photo zone where people can take selfies to share on their favorite social platform.
Key advantages of a social media photo zone
- Strengthen your brand. A social media photo zone lets your audience know that you are aware of new trends and fully equipped to step into the digital age.
- Leverage the power of simplicity. A social media zone is easy to implement but extremely effective.
- Fun and original. Audiences love events that offer new ideas and unique experiences.
- Enjoy free promotion on social media. A truly original social media photo zone will gain your brand tons of free exposure.
As we have seen with props and social media zones, more than attending an event, people want to experience it. If you can inspire emotions such as excitement, surprise, or awe, then you are well on your way to creating a memorable experience that will stand out the memory of your audience.
The technical term for this approach is experiential marketing. While marketing as most people understand it is about conveying a message, the goal of experiential marketing is to allow people to experience your brand firsthand. If you sell toys, for example, you can create a stand that children can step into to interact with your product in an immersive environment.
There are many different ways to implement experiential marketing. If you want to take a look at how experiential marketing looks in practice, we recommend reading our post “7 experiential marketing ideas to take your brand to the next level.”
Key advantages of experiential marketing
- Memorable. Experiential marketing goes above and beyond what most people expect from a brand.
- Guaranteed to elevate brand awareness. This is an audacious and innovative way to reach current and potential audiences.
- Spark word-of-mouth advertising. Experiential marketing gets people talking about you both in person and on the internet.
- Create buzz on social media. Since we are eager to capture and share new experiences, experiential marketing can help your brand make a big splash online.
Talking about experiences, ensuring that attendees can navigate your premises or outdoor area is crucial to the success of your event. After all, how can people enjoy themselves if they can’t figure out their bearings?
Luckily, wayfinding graphics make it easy for people to find their way around any location or venue, even if they are visiting it for the first time. Some examples of wayfinding graphics often seen at one-time events include:
- Welcome signs.
- Directional signs.
- Bathroom signs.
- Parking signs.
- Exit signs.
Wayfinding graphics are a branding opportunity you just can’t miss. Additionally, they contribute to creating a smoother and more pleasant experience for attendees.
Key advantages of wayfinding graphics
- Cost-effective. Effective wayfinding signs are one of the best ways to use the marketing budget for your event.
- Boosts brand awareness. Branding is about big statements but also about small details, such as the signage you use.
- Increase attendee satisfaction. Attendees appreciate a space that is easy to understand and navigate.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors. There are signage solutions for all kinds of events and all types of environments.
Sometimes it takes more than wayfinding graphics to control and direct foot traffic at your event. In those cases, barricades are both a branding opportunity and a helpful solution to manage the flow of attendees.
Barricades can be particularly useful at outdoor events or in areas without clearly delimited zones. In those conditions, pedestrian traffic can easily turn into a mess. Barricades allow you to create corridors that help people easily understand how they are supposed to navigate a space.
Finally, but not less important, barricades help ensure the safety of attendees by creating a safe traffic flow pattern.
Key advantages of barricades.
- Durable. Barricades are sturdy and can withstand even the most crowded event.
- Cost-effective. As is the case with most large format printing products, barricades are extremely affordable.
- Versatile. You can arrange barricades in any configuration that suits your needs. If necessary, you can easily make modifications on the go.
- Keep visitors safe. Attendees will certainly appreciate an event where safety is a top priority.
How to Brand a Venue for a One-Time Event: Wrapping It Up
A one-time event can be anything from a seminar to a conference, or a product launch. Properly branding the venue where your event will take place projects confidence and professionalism while enhancing the experience of attendees.
The process of branding your one-time event involves four basic steps: defining the character of your event, coming up with a memorable concept, work with a professional to hone the details, and making sure to use all the tools at your disposal.
As an organizer, you have a full range of visual solutions at your disposal to brand a venue. Some of them (such as barricades or wayfinding signage) are practical and help create a better experience for attendees. Other solutions (for example banners and flags) are focused on delivering visual impact. Finally, another set of products aims to create a memorable experience. This includes props, social media photo zones, and experiential marketing.
From improving the navigation of spaces to boosting brand awareness, there are visual solutions for every need. An expert can help you find the right mix of products to achieve your goals and ensure the success of your event.
CR&A Custom, Excellence in Event Signage
We are a large format printing company based in Los Angeles, California. Our expert team of designers, technicians, and installers is dedicated to creating effective visual solutions in indoor and outdoor signage for companies of all sizes in the United States and around the world.
When you choose CR&A Custom to brand your one-time event, you get all the benefits that come with working with a leader in the large format printing industry:
- Fast turnaround times. Thanks to our in-depth experience and our advanced technical capabilities, we can bring your outdoor signs to completion in time and without stress for you.
- Comprehensive expertise. From design to installation, our in-house team includes experts in every aspect of large format printing. This ensures maximum quality in all our products.
- Our culture of excellence is backed up by some of the most stringent certifications in the industry, including the G7 Master Qualification, the 3M MCS Warranty, and the SB/DVBE Certification. You can check the full list here.
- A proven track record of success. For more than 25 years, businesses of all types have trusted CR&A to help them reach their customers and boost awareness of their brand.
Whether you need wall graphics, window graphics, banners, or floor graphics, our experienced team is here to help you take your one-time event to a whole different level.