At CR&A we are proud to share images of one of our most recent jobs, a custom graphics project (vinyl banners, window graphics, floor graphics, wall graphics) for Metropolis, a residential and retail complex in Downtown Los Angeles.
Metropolis spans two city blocks and includes a boutique hotel, retail space, and residential towers.
This multifunctional setting offers many opportunities for visual communication but also a good number of challenges, making it an ideal case study to spotlight the versatility of digital printing.
An Oasis in Downtown Los Angeles
Designed as a resort in the heart of Los Angeles, Metropolis is located within walking distance of the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The aim of the project was to give Metropolis a visual makeover so that it stands out even more in such a busy urban landscape.
Our team examined the exterior of the complex and identified several opportunities for visual communication.
- Floor graphics: Placed on the sidewalk, they serve wayfinding purposes, helping visitors navigate Metropolis more easily.
- Wall graphics: We used one of the structures facing Francisco Street as the centerpiece of our project with a wall graphic that combines the image of a woman, a cityscape, and natural elements like trees and birds. Other smaller wall graphics placed on the sides provide contact information and directions.
- Window Graphics: Captivating images like the one used for the center structure are displayed on the window graphics at street level. These graphics also include contact information and function as directional signs.
- Banners: Double-sided street pole banners are placed in the perimeter of the complex displaying three different types of designs:
- Reprising the imagery of the wall/window graphics
- Providing information
- Functioning as wayfinding signage
Dealing with so many different types of surfaces (concrete, glass, and steel) would have been a headache using conventional printing or hand-painted advertising. By using digital printing on vinyl, we were able to complete the entire project quickly, with no downtime for Metropolis, and achieving picture-perfect graphics.
A Successful Custom Graphics Project
In conclusion, Metropolis is a great example of how digital printing, branding, urban landscape, and architecture come together in a successful custom graphics project.
Visit this link to take a look at some of our previous work and stay tuned for more case studies that showcase the amazing possibilities of digital printing.
Looking for a high-quality large format printing company? At CR&A Custom we specialize in providing creative visual solutions for a global customer base.
Contact us today to request a free quote and get started on a large format printing solution that will take your business to new heights.