Over the last 20 years, large format printing has changed communication and advertising with bold visual solutions that defy conventions. But what is exactly large format printing? Keep reading to discover the answer and learn more about this interesting topic.
What Is Large Format Printing?
Also called wide format printing or grand format printing, large format printing can be defined as the production of graphics that exceed the dimensions that can be obtained using readily available consumer printers.
Large format printing requires specialized equipment and the resulting prints are often called “supergraphics.”
Companies of all sizes use large format printing to create eye-catching visual statements that make an immediate impact on their audience.
How Does Large Format Printing Work?
Large format printing products are created using specialized digital printers that can handle a variety of flexible and rigid substrates (the material onto which the graphics are printed), including cardboard, vinyl, and coroplast.
Two of the most common types of large format printers are UV printers and Latex printers. UV printers use UV light to cure or dry the ink. Latex printers, on the other hand, employ water-based ink, making them an ideal option to create graphics that are safe to use in any environment.
What Are Some Large Format Printing Products?
Below is a list of the most popular large format printing products. They are extremely effective when used individually, and produce striking results when two or more of them are combined into a cohesive branding project.
What Are the Advantages of Large Format Printing?
Large format printing has revolutionized the world of advertising thanks to an impressive list of benefits:
- High-impact: Large format graphics are attention-grabbing and ensure that your message gets noticed.
- Versatile: You can combine several large format printing products into a single project, or you can even devise customized solutions to ensure that your brand stands out from the crowd.
- Cost-effective: Digital format printing allows you to create impressive graphics for a fraction of what it would cost to manufacture them using traditional printing methods.
- Efficient: Large format printing can be produced quickly and installation usually doesn’t involve any downtime for your business.
- High-quality: One of the most striking qualities of large format printing is its ability to produce imposing images in rich detail and vivid colors.
- Eco-Friendly: Thanks to advances in digital printing technology (specifically latex printing), it’s possible to create large format printing graphics that are safe for all environments, including hospitals, restaurants, schools, and daycares.
Are There Any Limits to Large Format Printing?
Large format printing technology has evolved at a dizzying pace over the last decade, breaking down barrier after barrier. As a result, the only limit to large format printing is your imagination. Whether you have in mind wrap-around signs, experiential marketing projects, or building wraps of monumental proportions, if you can envision it, we can make it happen.
About CR&A Custom
We are a Los Angeles-based large format printing company proudly serving a global customer base. Our team of experienced designers and installers is ready to help you take your brand to new heights with innovative, engaging visual solutions.
Contact us today by email (email@example.com), telephone (213-749-4440), or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) for a free quote or to learn more about our full range of large format printing solutions: yard signs, flags, vinyl banners, signage, vehicle wraps, and more!