Retractable banners are a flexible visual solution that helps your brand stand out even in the busiest environments. In this post, we offer a basic definition of retractable banners, plus other useful facts such as common retractable banner sizes and some tips to design your retractable banner.
What Are Retractable Banners?
Also known as pull-up banners, retractable banners are free-standing vinyl signs with a spring roller mechanism that allows you to either retract the banner into the base for storage or unroll it and keep it in place when you need to display it.
Thanks to their simplicity and versatility, retractable banners have become a popular marketing tool. They take up so little space that they can be placed almost anywhere, and since they are self-standing, you don’t need to have an anchor point to display them.
Plus, since vinyl is so sturdy, you can reuse your retractable banner several times, giving you more advertising power for your budget.
Some places and events where you can display your retractable banner include:
- Trade shows
- Product launches
- Local fairs
- Lobby and reception areas
Retractable Banner Sizes
One of the most recognizable features of retractable banners is their format: these graphics are taller than they’re wide.
This is no coincidence: the slender configuration maximizes the area you have at your disposal to convey your message while minimizing the space your retractable banner takes up on the floor.
That’s why retractable banners are such a smart solution for crowded environments where space can be scarce, such as exhibition booths and trade-show displays.
These are some of the most common retractable banner sizes.
- 2 x 5 ft
- 2.5 x 6 ft
- 3 x 6 ft
- 4 x 8 ft
Retractable Banner Design: Some Useful Tips
- Keep Design Elements to a Minimum. Working with the narrow surface of a retractable banner means that you have to be very discerning with the elements you include in your design. By using too many elements, you run the risk of overcrowding the banner, making it difficult to read. Use only the most basic elements such as your logo, contact information, slogan, and a brief text with the message you want to convey.
- Ensure readability. In addition to choosing a clean design, there are other steps you should take to ensure that your banner is easy to read. This usually means using clear contrast (ideally dark text on a light background) and unadorned letters of the appropriate size depending on the distance from where your audience will read your banner.
- Use High-Quality Images. Printing technology has evolved at a dizzying pace over the last decade. However, not even the most advanced digital printer can make a low-resolution image look good. Check with your designer or printer to ensure that the images you intend to use for your retractable banner are the right size.
- Work with a dependable large format printing company. When it comes to printing, experience makes all the difference in the world. Whether it’s retractable banners, window graphics, or food truck wraps, at CR&A Custom, we have a proven track record of success creating high-impact graphics for companies of all types.
CR&A Custom: High-Quality Retractable Banner Printing
At CR&A Custom, we are a Los Angeles-based large format printing company known for our innovative visual solutions and our commitment to quality.
From vinyl banners to building wraps, we fabricate all our visual solutions using only material of the highest quality and the most advanced large format printing technology.