A recent technology known as latex printing is the right choice from an environmental standpoint, but also a smart business move. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is Latex Printing?
Latex printing uses printing heads to distribute ink on a wide variety of materials ranging from vinyl to fabric and canvas.
But what makes this technology so different is that latex inks are made of a combination of polymers (called “latex”) and water.
It’s important to note that this type of latex is different from the rubber latex to which some people are allergic. Latex inks are non-allergenic.
Using inks that are high in water content comes with many other benefits. For example, latex printing produces no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and the resulting prints are non-toxic, non-flammable, and require no special handling.
While the ecological benefits of latex printing are evident, there’s another good reason to choose this technology: it produces vivid prints that offer many advantages compared to graphics created using other technologies.
Create Superior Graphics With Latex Printing
Compared to low-solvent inks, latex printing delivers equivalent results in key areas such as:
- Outdoors display permanence
- Color gamut in a six-ink printing system
At the same time, latex printing technology provides unique advantages that you can easily turn into a competitive edge for your business:
- Simpler installation process; lower installation costs.
- Creates prints that can be displayed immediately indoors.
- Allows you to display graphics in sensitive environments such as hospitals and schools.
- Strengthens your brand as an environment-conscious organization.
Simply put, latex technology combines the performance of previous printing technologies with the convenience and reputational benefits of sustainable printing.
CR&A Custom’s Latex Printing Capabilities
At CR&A Custom, we are proud to offer our clients all the benefits of latex printing with two of the most advanced latex printers on the market:
HP Latex R2000 Plus
- Up to 98 inches for sustained production environments.
- Extraordinary quality and colors on rigid and rollable media.
- First of its kind west of the Mississippi.
- Prints in White.
- White Latex Ink innovation which delivers the glossiest WHITES.
- HP inks are UL ECOLOGO and UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified.
HP Latex 3600
- Up to 3.2 m (126 in) roll width.
- Indoor high quality: 77 m²/hr (830 ft²/hr).
- Sharp image quality.
- HP Latex Inks are UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for wallpaper applications
CR&A Custom: Leaders in Large Format Printing
We are CR&A Custom, a Los Angeles-based large format printing company known for our drive to excel and implement the most advanced digital printing technology.