Wall murals help you transform any wall into an opportunity to leave a lasting impression on your customers. From malls and retail stores to hotels and restaurants, all types of businesses are taking advantage of these supergraphics to draw attention to their brands.
Keep reading to learn more about the following topics:
- What Are Wall Murals?
- How to use wall murals?
- Where to use wall murals?
- Why choose wall murals?
- How to care for your wall mural
- Wall mural ideas
- Why choose CR&A for your wall mural project
What Are Wall Murals?
Wall murals are supergraphics printed on a self-adhesive material—vinyl is the most common choice—and covering a considerable area of a wall.
You have probably noticed that wall murals are becoming increasingly popular, and it’s easy to see why: they make an immediate impact, and that’s a very attractive quality for anyone looking to get their message out there, be it a company or an individual.
We are used to experiencing design on small- or medium-scale objects such as magazines, posters, or clothing. When design takes up a large portion of physical space and becomes one with it, as is the case with wall murals, the effect is memorable and surprising.
How to Use Wall Murals?
Thanks to their versatility, wall murals are an option you can always consider regardless of the physical space you have available.
In small establishments, they can help you create the illusion of space, so that any area feels bigger and more interesting. Conversely, in spacious locations wall graphics are a great way to take advantage of large areas that would otherwise remain empty and boring.
There are two basic ways to use wall murals:
- To Make an Impression: If you want to raise awareness of your brand or make sure that your customers take notice of a new product or a special sale, wall murals are the way to go. They are assertive, fun, and impossible to ignore. Whether you decide to install your wall mural indoors or outdoors, you can rest assured that it will automatically become the center of attention.
- To Create an Atmosphere: While boldness and wall graphics are like bread and butter, you can also use these supergraphics in more subdued ways. In this case, they function as décor elements that contribute to creating an atmosphere that enhances the experience of your customers. For example, an artistic wall mural wallpaper can make the patrons of a restaurant feel more relaxed and at ease, or convey a sense of calm that is ideal for waiting areas in hotels or offices.
Wall murals can be permanent or semi-permanent, allowing you to change the appearance of any space as often as necessary to keep things fresh and engaging. This way you’ll ensure that your clients never experience a dull moment while visiting your facilities.
If you are planning to have a wall mural installed, stay ahead of the curve by repairing any existing damage (such as holes or peeling paint) and ensuring that the wall is clean and free of dust, dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
Where to Use Wall Murals?
Wall murals can be installed either indoors or outdoors, according to your advertising needs.
With the right combination of substrate (the material the wall mural is made of) and printing method, the graphics can withstand even the most demanding weather conditions.
As for indoor applications, wall murals can be used in any type of establishment. Latex printing, the most advanced large format printing technology, is water-based and safe to use in sensitive environments such as schools or hospitals.
These are some of the businesses and organizations that are already taking advantage of the visual power of wall murals:
An important consideration to keep in mind is that while you can deploy wall murals on almost any type of wall, they tend to work best on non-porous, smooth surfaces such as concrete, wood, stone, or glass.
Learn More About Large Format Printing:
- What is large format printing?
- What are the large format printing trends to watch in 2021?
- CR&A makes the headlines with “masterful” large format printing project
Why Choose Wall Murals?
If you want to know why you should consider choosing digitally printed wall murals to promote your business, just take a second to consider the alternative.
Before large format printing came on the scene, companies had to resort to hand-painted advertising if they wanted to create a similar effect.
Paint jobs are messy, and the results may vary greatly depending on the ability of the painter. Not to mention that in most cases they require businesses to close the areas being painted, resulting in inconvenience to customers and loss of revenue.
In short, paint jobs are a costly, time-consuming alternative that few companies can afford.
By contrast, wall murals offer all the convenience of large format digital printing:
- Easy to install: Because they’re printed on self-adhesive material, wall graphics are installed quickly, without making a mess, and with minimal-to-no downtime to your business.
- Cost-effective: Thanks to wall graphics, making a big impression on your customers has never been so affordable.
- High quality: Digital printing produces outstanding and consistent results that are impossible to achieve painting by hand or with traditional printing methods.
- Visually engaging: Wall murals are showstoppers that help you re-energize spaces that may feel dull.
- Durable: All your wall mural needs is some basic maintenance (see next section) to retain all its vibrancy and advertising power.
How to Care for Your Wall Mural
“Convenience” is one of the first words that come to mind when talking about wall murals. They are easy to install, they connect immediately with your customers, and require only basic, common-sense maintenance.
Once your graphic is installed, keep it in mint condition by following this simple routine:
- Dust it: Use a soft cloth or a feather duster to remove the particles accumulated on the surface of the graphic.
- Scrub it gently: Dip a soft cloth in a mild soap water solution and clean the wall graphic from top to bottom. Steer clear from abrasive cleaning products, as they may damage your sign.
- Remove any remaining soap: Use another cloth dipped in plain water to remove excess soap.
Perform these steps as often as necessary to avoid the buildup of dust and dirt on the surface of the sign. As a general rule, wall murals placed outdoors or in high-traffic areas require more frequent care than graphics installed indoors, or in low-traffic areas.
Wall Mural Ideas
Digital printing technology has advanced so much that there are few limits when it comes to using wall murals to connect with your audience.
These are some ideas to help you create a wall graphic that stands out and makes your clients take notice:
- Be playful with the space you have available: Surprise your customers with a wall graphic that takes advantage of the physical space of your business in original ways. For example, a small window can be turned into the eye of a cartoon character or an elevator can become the hatch of a spaceship.
- Tell the story of your brand: Use a wall mural to display a chronology of your business, complete with photos, infographics, and even maps. Alternatively, use your sign to display the motto of your company or words that represent the values associated with your brand.
- Think outside the box: As you choose a design, remember that anything goes: bright images, optical illusions, or wallpaper wall murals that cover entire areas from floor to ceiling. Don’t be afraid to stray off the beaten path: The more original your wall mural, the greater the impact on your audience.
- Combine wall murals with other supergraphics: If your branding goals are ambitious, you probably want to think beyond walls. Consider combining your wall graphics with other large format printing products such as floor graphics, banners, and window graphics to create a unique experience that stops your customers in their tracks.
Why Choose CR&A Custom for Your Wall Mural Project
CR&A Custom is a Los Angeles-based large format printing company dedicated to creating effective visual solutions for companies of all sizes.
When you choose CR&A for your wall graphic project you get all the benefits that come with working with a leader in the large format printing industry:
- Fast turnaround times: Thanks to our in-depth experience and our advanced technical capabilities, we can bring your projects to completion in time and without stress for you.
- Comprehensive expertise: From design to installation, our in-house team includes experts in every aspect of large format printing, ensuring maximum quality in all our products.
- Certifications: Our culture of excellence is backed up by some of the most stringent certifications in the industry, including the G7 Master Qualification, the 3M MCS Warranty, and the SB/DVBE Certification. You can check the full list here.
- A proven track record of success: For more than 25 years, businesses of all types have trusted CR&A to help them reach their customers and boost awareness of their brand.
Ready to take your business to new heights? Contact us today (by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (213-749-4440), Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn) for a free quote or to learn more about our full range of large format printing solutions.