When it comes to events, creative and useful signage can make the difference between unremarkable and memorable. That’s why today we bring you six essential signs for your event: from welcome signs to step and repeat banners, these visual solutions will make your event a success.
A good welcome sign is a smart way to ensure that your event makes a great impression right off the bat.
Since this will be the first visual contact with the people attending your event, it’s essential to choose a design that appealing, friendly, and easy to read.
When it comes to welcome signs, you have a variety of options at your disposal depending on the characteristics of the area where your event takes place. Don’t be afraid to stay off the beaten path—the more original, the better:
- Custom flags
- Floor graphics
- Window graphics
- Yard signs
- Wall graphics
A warm welcome is important but providing a great attendee experience is essential as well. No matter how impressive your event is, people just won’t have a positive experience if they can’t make sense of the layout.
Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, wayfinding signs ensure that people are able to navigate without stress the physical space where your event takes place.
These are some of the wayfinding signs you should consider including in your list:
- Entrance and exit signs
- “You are here” signs (for big venues)
- Signs with the name of areas (lobby, bar, social media photo zone, etc.)
- Trails and paths (for outdoor events)
Floor graphics can upgrade the appearance of any event, projecting a more polished and modern image.
Also called floor decals, floor graphics are images printed on self-adhesive vinyl and placed on the floor. You can use these graphics on materials such as hardwood, tile, concrete, or asphalt.
In addition to being visually impressive, floor graphics are also easy to install and replace, saving time that can be precious when you organize an event.
Here are some ways to use your floor graphics:
- As welcome signs
- As directional signs
- As a branding device
- To play games (imagine, for example, a hopscotch pattern or a giant chessboard)
Step and Repeat Banners
Do you want to add a touch of glamour to your event? Look no further than step and repeat banners.
If you have watched a gala event on TV (such as the Oscar award ceremony), then you are already familiar with step and repeat banners.
This type of graphic forms a wall where a series of logos of patterns is repeated serially (which explains the “repeat” part of the name).
People stand in front of the step and repeat banner and take selfies or allow others to snap pictures that are often posted to social media.
Place your step and repeat banner near the entrance of the venue where your event takes place, or in the social media photo zone and let attendees enjoy the thrill of feeling like celebrities on the red carpet.
At the end of the day, fun is one of the factors that set an event apart in the mind of attendees.
It’s a basic principle: people tend to remember the places and moments where they enjoy themselves, so giving attendees some creative props for their amusement is a sure-fire way of staying foremost in their minds.
Digital printing offers a wide array of alternatives to add some sparkle to your event, including:
- Cutouts in any shape you can imagine (arrows, musical instruments, birds, and more)
- Photo stand-ins
- Arrows and speech balloons
- Selfie booth
If you are expecting a lot of people or if your event takes place outdoors, you should definitely consider using barricades as part of your event signage strategy.
Barricades are movable (but firm) structures used for crowd control and to create paths in outdoor events that may be otherwise difficult to navigate due to the lack of clear lanes or corridors.
In addition to being useful, barricades also represent a great opportunity for visual communication. They provide a large surface for you to display any type of design, from the logo of your event to sponsored messages and directional information.
Signs for Your Event: Some Extra Tips
The signs listed above make for a safe and fun event, which in turn translates into an outstanding attendee experience.
Here are some extra signage tips any event organizer should keep in mind:
- If you want your event to make a splash online, combine some of the ideas shown here (like props, stand and repeat banner, and selfie booth) into a social media photo zone.
- For wayfinding signs, make sure that they are placed where people need them most, at a reasonable height, and with easy-to-read letters.
- Look at the structures of the venue or area where your event will take place and find ways to take advantage of them with signage in mind. For example, a balcony is a great place to hang a welcome banner, while an open, flat area is ideal for a stunning floor graphic.
- Take full advantage of the possibilities of large format digital printing. No two venues are the same: look at the features of the place and discuss customized solutions with a designer. They may include elevator wraps, wall graphics, or even POP/POS stands.
CR&A Custom: High-Quality Signage for Your Event
Looking for signage for your event? CR&A Custom is here to help you bring your ideas to life.
We are a large format printing company based in Los Angeles with clients all over the United States and abroad. Our high-quality visual products set our clients apart and take their business to new heights.
Contact us today by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (213-749-4440), or social media (Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn) for a free estimate or to learn more about our full range of large format printing solutions: building wraps, wall graphics, window graphics, vehicle wraps, boat wraps, custom yard signs, and more.